Hose & Tube
Aurora Plastics offers a variety of high-performance products for hose and tube applications. These include:
- AuroraTec™ exterior weatherable rigid PVC compounds meet AAMA (American Architectural Manufacturers Association) standards for outdoor performance and are highly impact resistant. These compounds are available in powder or pellet form in various colors for application flexibility.
- Highly versatile, our AuroraTec™ interior rigid PVC compounds can be used as stand-alone compounds or as structural substrates, along with capstock, in two-part systems for applications that require high weatherability. Either way, these compounds provide a wide processing window and excellent impact resistance.
- AuroraPrene™ SBS and SEBS compounds utilize multiple TPE chemistries to impart high-performance properties for durability and easy processing. There are hundreds of colors available, and all of these compounds are offered in both molding and extrusion grades.
- Unlike rigid PVC, AuroraFlex™ flexible PVC introduces a plasticizer into the formulation to give properties that are required for non-rigid applications. Aurora Plastics can provide flexible PVC from 35A to 95A Shore A Durometer* to semi-rigid, with specific gravities ranging from 1.15 to 1.65. We use various types of plasticizers to meet specific needs, such as renewable non-phthalate, improved low temperature tolerance and biocides.
Our team will also work with you to complete the formulation, with fillers in order to offer more specific properties, like reduced shrinkage, increased weight, pigment and lubrication.
* NOTE: Durometer hardness is measured with a calibrated durometer using the Shore Type-A scale in a room of consistent temperature. The indenter is inserted for 15 seconds to determine if it passes the ASTM D2240-Durometer Hardness test for the desired durometer.