Consumer & Industrial
Aurora Plastics is a premier custom compound supplier to the consumer and industrial markets. We offer one of the industry’s largest product portfolios, including premium pellet capstocks, rigid and flexible PVC, TPO, TPE, CPE, SBS, SEBS, cellular foam and purge compounds.
- AuroraTec™ exterior weatherable rigid PVC compounds meet AAMA (American Architectural Manufacturers Association) standards for outdoor performance and are highly impact resistant. These compounds are available in powder or pellet form in various colors for application flexibility.
- Highly versatile, our AuroraTec™ interior rigid PVC compounds can be used as stand-alone compounds or as structural substrates, along with capstock, in two-part systems for applications that require high weatherability. Either way, these compounds provide a wide processing window and excellent impact resistance.
- AuroraGuard™ compounds offer many of the same performance and processing benefits of AuroraTec™, but also provide high-heat, Low-Smoke Zero-Halogen and flame-retardant properties, making them ideal for film and sheet applications.
- AuroraPrene™ SBS and SEBS compounds utilize multiple TPE chemistries to impart high performance properties for durability and easy processing. There are hundreds of colors available, and all of these compounds are offered in both molding and extrusion grades.
- Our Auroralite™ cellular foam rigid PVC products make an excellent wood replacement, combining the maintenance-free features of vinyl with the matte finish look of painted wood. They allow easy nailing and screwing, while providing mildew resistance, rot resistance and weight reduction properties. These compounds are highly recommended for decking applications.
- Unlike rigid PVC, AuroraFlex™ flexible PVC introduces a plasticizer into the formulation to give properties that are required for non-rigid applications. Aurora Plastics can provide flexible PVC from 35A to 95A Shore A Durometer* to semi-rigid, with specific gravities ranging from 1.15 to 1.65. We use various types of plasticizers to meet specific needs, such as renewable non-phthalate, improved low temperature tolerance and biocides.
- AuroraClean™ purge compounds are designed to clean all primary plastic machinery, including injection molding machines, blow molding machines and extruders, when changing color, resin or simply to remove black specks or contaminations.
Our experienced R&D team will work with you to develop a formulation that will meet your specific application needs. We are consistently recognized as best in class for our color development and production repeatability.
* NOTE: Durometer hardness is measured with a calibrated durometer using the Shore Type-A scale in a room of consistent temperature. The indenter is inserted for 15 seconds to determine if it passes the ASTM D2240-Durometer Hardness test for the desired durometer.