About Aurora Plastics
Aurora Plastics was founded in 1997 in Aurora, Ohio, in order to fulfil an unmet need in rigid PVC compounds. Our guiding principle is to provide the highest quality PVC compound and customer service in the industry.
Aurora Plastics was founded by three vastly experienced industry professionals dedicated to provide the industry with unmatched PVC quality and superior levels of service to meet the global challenges of the 21st century.
Aurora built two greenfield world-class PVC compound-dedicated manufacturing facilities. Located in Streetsboro, Ohio, and Welcome, North Carolina, these state-of-the- art facilities are dedicated PVC compounding facilities focused on automation to provide the highest precision, raw material ingredient formulations and PVC compound processing in both powder and pellet forms. With the best in facilities and customer service, Aurora Plastics continually sets the bar for exceptional delivery. For more than 15 years, Aurora has provided unsurpassed 7 day lead times on orders.
On August 2, 2016, Wind Point Partners, a Chicago-based private equity firm and Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan, partnered to acquire Aurora Plastics, Inc. Through this acquisition, Aurora Plastics will have the investment support required for new product development and geographic expansion while maintaining a culture of excellence and innovation.
Aurora Plastics’ weatherable compounds are not only laboratory tested, but field proven with an outstanding outdoor performance record. Aurora Plastics’ performance provides customers with the assurance that they are receiving the best the industry has to offer.
Aurora Plastics continues to push the latest technology envelope of PVC compounding techniques with a “continuous improvement” culture. This complements Aurora’s R&D team that is focused on compound optimization to serve individual customer requirements; such as color matches in two days. In addition, the R&D team works with cutting edge raw materials and compound developments for the next generation of high performance PVC and PVC alloy compounds in both powder and pellet forms.
Aurora Plastics is dedicated to your satisfaction. Working with us offers you a combination of benefits that are unmatched in the industry:
- An unparalleled 7 day lead time
- A strict quality policy – we are ISO 9001:2015 certified with design
- Industry leading tolerances on manufacturing processes
- Dedicated customer silos, with all inventory controlled through automation product samples and test runs customized to your equipment and formulations
- On-site weighing facilities that eliminate fuel burn by the carrier to and from certified commercial scales
- Different packaging options – including bulk silo, box, rail car and super sack – and can tailor our deliveries to help with your inventory management
- Complete customer support – we do not produce downstream products or compete with our customers
Aurora Plastics is dynamic and innovative…capable and large. No matter what your PVC application needs, our experienced and dedicated team stands ready to meet them.